CASUMM undertakes research, production of materials and activism on a range of themes related to urban development, including the economic structure of cities, governance and institutions, land, infrastructure and urban environments.
To reflect the complexity of the terrain, CASUMM explores multiple forms for representing and distributing the work in the public domain. In addition to working papers and books, CASUMM promotes forms such as film and photography, animation, multimedia installations and online resources.
CASUMM envisions the possibility of reaching a wider audience through such diverse means. All of the material produced by CASUMM is accessible in the public domain.
CASUMM is actively involved in projects in the following areas
1. Study of the Impact of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)
2. Urban Local Government, Infrastructure Planning and Urban Poor – A Comparative Study of the Impact of Large Infrastructure Projects on poor groups in Peripheral Areas of Bangalore
3. Neighborhood Associations as Urban Collective Actors: A Comparative Study of Bangalore and Chennai
4. Study of Impact of Proposed Amendment to the Agricultural Produce Marketing Committee (APMC) Act on Agricultural and Retail Workers
5. SEZs and Industrial Areas: Studying Displacement, Destruction of Livelihoods and Common Resources
6. Studying Impact of Mega Infrastructure Projects through Urban Renewal and Transfer of Development Rights (TDR)
7. Study of Bangalore’s Urban Lakes
Click here to go back to the CASUMM main blog